The Assigning Process
Some things you might want to know about the assigning process for WBYS and the Shepaug Soccer Club (SSC):
To make sure you receive what you think is a fair number of assignments, you need to:
- Woodbury/Bethlehem residents are given priority of WBYS games.
- Washington, Roxbury, Bridgewater residents are given priority for SSC games.
- Because of availability, there is often crossover of assignments.
- Because of game levels and State Cup games, more experienced and older referees are assigned those games.
As far as scheduling out the season:
- Agree to center - if you won't center, you cut down your opportunities.
- Enter your unavailability as soon as you know it, and update it.
- Monitor your email for assignment notices and act promptly.
- Accept assignments by the Wednesday prior to the upcoming weekend.
- Games unaccepted or pending each Thursday morning are re-assigned or designated open, and anyone can grab them if their experience matches.
- By the end of week three, all the games for the remainder of the season are assigned.
- Any games still open or pending the by Wednesday before are re-assigned or designated open.
- Unfortunately, coaches do a little too much rescheduling of games. Sometimes you get those reassignments, sometimes you don't because of your entered unavailability.
- Weather can wreak havoc with schedules as well. Sometimes you get those reassignments, sometimes you don't because of your entered unavailability.